Eight criteria for a Journal of the Future
Daniel Mietchen war so nett und hat unsere „Kriterien für ein informationswissenschaftliches Journal der Zukunft“ kommentiert, generalisiert, übersetzt (via Google) und wikifiziert. Die dadurch entstandene Version kann nun auf Wikiversity weiterentwickelt werden.
Wir bedanken uns ganz herzlichen bei Daniel Mietchen und dokumentieren den aktuellen Stand:
- Access: The legal and technical barrier-free access, along with options for re-use, multiple options open in dealing with knowledge and information. The journal publishes all publications of the future anymore for further use in the Open Access.
- Data in context: The open access to all relevant principles of a publication facilitates the verification and subsequent use of published content. The scientific journal of the future promotes publication of research data, the basis of a publication.
- Quality assurance: The critical, transparent and impartial examination of publications submitted by the professional community enhances the quality of publications. The scientific journal of the future to support innovative forms of quality assurance, including the University community. It also provides rapidly published and non-conventional types of publications a space, eg by retrospective review.
- Transparency: Disclosure of interests creates transparency. The magazine of the future promotes transparency by, for example, the editorial board, the editors and the authorship of their interests to disclose to a text and make their contributions to a publication indicated.
- Form: Digitisation opens up new opportunities to provide content, such as through semantic enrichment and audiovisual items. The scientific journal of the future creates a framework in which the technological possibilities of the digital part of the authors and recipients can be exploited.
- Dynamics: the journal of the future provides a framework for continuous updating of a publication by their authors or by limited open and consistent author communities. While such extrapolation may be done with distributed, each proper tools on the Web, there remains at least task of the journal, make such updates to readers at any time to understand.
- Web standards: the scientific journal of the future understands publications as objects in an open information space of the Web, and therefore they tried to make continuous linkable, to open Web standards compliant display and output as feeds.
- Collaborative environments: The wiki concept has great potential as a working platform of the future. The scientific journal of the future, therefore supports innovative measures for the development and enrichment of publications by the publication of independent wikis and wiki contributions